No. of Recommendations: 0
If you were referring to the bold Cletus as a "mean copperplate handwriting style" then excuse me for I just learned that little piece of functionality and got a bit carried away. As you can see, I learned italics as well.

No, I was referring to the episode where Lisa was gathering signatures for some petition or other, and Cletus signed his name with a copperplate hand -- a late eighteenth, early nineteenth century style of handwriting that was very precise and decorative. Think John Handcock's signature, only neater, with a bunch of excess doodads around it. That's what I meant: you've got to love a yokel who writes like a Victorian gentleman.

As for being offensive, heck, hon, I wasn't offended. I intend to use the word "sudiddlyuck" as often as possible, and I already informed my husband that I will leave him in a New York minute if I ever find the real life version of Groundskeeper Willie. The ugliest man in Glasgow is good enough for me.

Uhura :o)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.