Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
If you're actually doing transactions (OLTP stands for OnLine Transactional Processing, btw), then would you really be using a NoSQL database? Aren't relational databases typically used when read/write/delete/insert/modify transactions (the bread and butter of OLTP) are needed?

If *I* am doing it, then probably yes since I am a dinosaur who spent the bulk of his professional life on relational databases ... or before relational databases. But, my understanding is that these days it depends in part on the kind of task one is managing. If it involves a lot of unstructured or loosely structured data, then a document database might be just the thing.

As for your use cases, I think a number of the ones you have starred are not really overlaps because one would use Mongo or Snowflake to address a different part of the requirement. E.g., IoT, one might use Mongo to handle the incoming data stream and organize it, but then use Snowflake to analyze it.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.