Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
If you're going to need much more than $20K to live off of (including housing) after your parents sell the house, then you might have a little trouble doing it. You might qualify for some refundable tax credits, so I would check into that. You also might qualify for subsidized housing, and I certainly would check into that, same for food stamps and other such services. I would consider putting less in stocks, given your situation, but that's just me. Not that it's important, but I assume the $125K is from savings before you became disabled, or from a divorce or inheritance, but I guess it doesn't matter. I doubt you'll be able to save a lot from your disability, but good for you if you can. Good luck.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.