Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 17
If Zoom were to report $4.5B in revenue next year, I would expect them to trade around 35x sales. That would be pretty reasonable given their growth and incredible profitability. This would give them a market cap of $158B, which is up about 32% from today's market cap of $119B. Nothing compared to the returns seen this year, but I won't sneeze at a 32% return. Anyways, I just found the growth of $115M sequentially to be pretty interesting and believe it gives us a baseline to drive assumptions for next year. What say you? -- Rex

It seems pretty darn hard to predict next year's revenue for ZM, but let me use some of your assumptions (as I understand them) and overlay my own viewpoint.

I would take your expected end-of-year revenue run rate, NOT the total year's revenue (looking at THIS conservative version of your work):

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 FY
Revenue $1,007 $1,122 $1,237 $1,352 $4,718

..... and I'd say the end-of-year revenue run rate is about $5.4B.... and I'd say a PS of 40-45 is still not unreasonable. That puts the market cap at $215B - $245B.

That's roughly DOUBLE CURRENT VALUE.

Only crazy people (like me) think that's reasonable. And I'll give it a bit of consideration as to whether I need to buy more ZM (Deep thought....ummm....YEAH! Me buy more!). After all, I'm an old retired geezer and I have to consider the future. ;)

Rob
Rule Breaker Home Fool & STMP/MTH Maintenance Coverage Fool
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.