Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
IIRC, SNDK is the market leader right now and both of them are in a tornado. Strict GG philosophy would say to buy both.

Jun-99 Sep-99 Dec-99 Mar-00
SNDK Revenue 52.5 67.5 82.7 109.4
Sequential Growth 19% 29% 22% 32%
YoY Growth 68% 111% 63% 148%

SSTI Revenue 23.0 35.1 48.3 62.3
Sequential Growth 25% 53% 38% 29%
YoY Growth 37% 94% 167% 240%

I'm a bit concerned about these figures though. Both SNDK and SSTI's Cash Conversion Cycle's have roughly doubled from June 1999 to March 2000, the Flowie for SSTI in particular is bad. Inventory and Receivable growth has not consistently remained below revenue growth in either SNDK or SSTI. Therefore, I'm somewhat suspicious of the revenue figures.

If one or both of these companies stumble, it shouldn't come as a surprise, but that might provide a good opportunity to buy in. I don't see anything that will displace flash cards in the near future (3 years or so).

BTW, I have no position in either SNDK or SSTI.

Marv
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.