Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
i'll deposit the check, and start a correspondence with them for the remaining $334.

Thanks for the details. I remember your earlier postings now.

I agree with Lorenzo's advice to go ahead and cash the check. The IRS's correspondence guidelines don't differ for overseas taxpayers, so if you go 30 days without any response, you can feel free to buck it to the Taxpayer Advocate. You might also try the Revenue Service Representative who handles your country if it doesn't get resolved through routine correspondence. The U.S. Embassy should be able to direct you.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.