Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'll have to agree with you that Apple is getting stronger, but my understanding of the Rule Makers is that Apple has no chance to reach rule making status.

I'll agree that Apple isn't a Rule Maker YET -- I actually consider Apple to be a revived Rule Breaker that has re-entered Tweener status (a MOST unusual event, since I can't think of too many companies that got hit with the Tweener Death Rattle and actually came back to the land of the living).

That doesn't keep me from holding it as an investment, but it isn't because I would dream of it becoming a Rule Maker.

I do think it has potential to be a Rule Maker, but it will require years and that Apple not make a single mis-step during that time.

If you look at the recent Rule Maker rankings (click the link at the bottom of this post), Apple actually scored in the 2nd tier for the last several quarters, and its total score has been moving up slowly but steadily. (NOTE -- I will say that when I ran my own ranking for the most recent quarter I got a Tier 3 score, but I think this is either a seasonal blip on the radar, an effect of the Taiwan earthquake that happened during that quarter, or due to my not using the most recent changes to the Ranker system; I'll be keeping eye out to see if that's true or not)

I'm looking forward to holding Apple for several years, and whether it really becomes a Rule Maker or not won't matter much to me. I believe that Apple is a great company that's finally learned from its mistakes, that Steve Jobs is a guy who finally learned the lessons of business and can apply them well to Apple, and that if they continue to make the right moves they've been making the last two years, there will be many years of enjoyment between myself and this company.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.