No. of Recommendations: 5
For those of you who replied to my post "Slow death of an IRA" you know what my story is. But as of today I was shelved by my mom, so that my brother could take over any financial matters that they have. My brother is actually I finance major at Texas Tech. He knows so much that he doesn't even know how the firm he is interning at makes money. "They charge like a 1% fee, just once and then you don't pay anything anymore." That was a direct quote from him 30 minutes ago. Hmmm. Sounds to Wise to me. He knows so much that he wanted to invest in a mutual fund that requires a $250,000 minimum when we don't have to much money to start out with. But alas, my mom is going to call the "president" of that firm and talk to him about it. She still won't understand what her money is doing, nor care. But as for me, I will not worry anymore about my parents. Well except my dad, who wants to open his own IRA. Back to investing just for me. How liberating. Thanks for listening to me vent and helping me all you did. Your advice was invaluable and will help me for the rest of my life. On ye Fools into the unknown.

Brett
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.