Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I went to Illinois for my Aunt's memorial service. She pasted away last year but we weren't able to make arrangements at that time for obvious reasons. Knowing this might be the last time I visit that part of the country (my Aunt was kind of the last one out there), I did some research ahead of time. A lot of my family are buried out there so I wanted to take pictures of the headstones. I contacted the cemeteries to see if they could provide maps so I wouldn't waste days wandering around. My homework paid off. We spent a couple of hours driving around, but we were able to find 28 out of the 30 I had listed. We also found some additional family members that were located around the other sites on my list (a little further afield if you will). All in all, I think I took around 50 pictures of headstones. Not a bad bit of sleuthing.

AC *now I need to enter all the info in my spreadsheet and send it out to the fam*
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.