Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am helping my daughter do her taxes. No issues with Federal. However, for State of Illinois, she received a check for $62 from State of Illinois. Received it in March, 2012. It was her Illinois income tax refund check for 2011. My issue: where do you declare that income on 2012 Form IL 1040? Only thing I can figure is Line 3 and use Schedule M. Any and all input is appreciated. This is her second year of working and last March was her first refund check.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.