Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I am a liberal, I really am. I am a card carrying, donation making memeber of the democratic party. I tend to lean right on some social issues, and left on econmic issues.
I can talk politics and econmics till I am blue in the face. I love both. I will talk both.
But a few things I want to say.
It is harder to talk politics on a message board than it is in person, a debate/discussion of politics (and this covers a vast amount of things, from true repub vs democrat to views on race and birthcontrol) in person can be rebutted, argued, and points countered. You can certainly do that on a message board too, but it takes alot of typing, and more importantly it is much harder to tell emotions on here. Sarcasam, and sincerity are hard to discern. Someone can put something in type that angers you, and if said in person with body launguage and attitude wouldn't have made you think twice.
So my point?
Lets not take things terribly personal on here. It seems that people are getting angry and upset about what others say. I am certainly not saying that nothing should anger or upset you, but do not let it interfere with your responces. I doubt that I am going to convert the repubs here, (even though I doubt some's understanding of conservative policy) and I doubt they will convert me. So lets exchange ideas, and try not to hate each other.

Oh yeah? when are we going to nuke huston again? did we find some plutonium yet?

SC
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.