No. of Recommendations: 72
Okay, I'm not 100%, but I'm feeling better than I did before the D&C yesterday, which is *really* good. I feel that the 'non-productive' pregnancy was really draining my body of its resources, and that we've begun to restore some balance to my body now.

Gordon and DrBooa accompanied me to the Surgery Center, and everything went smoothly. The last thing I remember before I was out was the doc saying "Here comes your margarita!" I know I responded to that by saying, "I prefer mojitos, but a margarita will do!" and then I woke up an hour or so later.... We got me home and settled and Gordon ran out to get my prescription filled and get something for all of us to eat for dinner, and then he had to go to a meeting last night. DrBooa stayed with me for some time, and we talked and she knitted (and showed my sister-in-law some stitches, too) and we ate and relaxed. I was tired, but not groggy, and we had a nice, relaxing afternoon/evening. DrBooa headed out at some point, and my SIL and I hung out until Gordon got home from his meeting, and she headed home.

Assuming I'm up for it, tonight I want to go out and eat and drink whatever I haven't been able to eat in a couple of months now. Sushi and alcohol! If I'm not up for it I may ask Gordon to bring me some sushi.

Many, many thanks to everyone for your continued support and good wishes. This has been a difficult time for us, and now that the physical part of it has been dealt with, we can more effectively deal with the emotional part. I would not be dealing with things nearly so well without knowing that so many people were thinking of us and pulling for us. You Fools are a special group of people.

Blessings,
Cassandra

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.