Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Dear Friends,

I have been away for three months trying to shut the stock market off for that period of time and have come back refreshed. I have been waiting for something juicy to post inorder to rejoin the wonderful discussions here. I think I found it. If one goes to the third quarter report on the Qualcomm Investors relations site, you will find something that I found very disturbing. If one looks at the basic and diluted shares you will see what I mean.

Shares used in per share calculation:

Basic

Diluted

Then if you check out the news you will find that Qualcomm will be selling 6.9 million shares in a public offering thus adding another 6.9 million to the diluted 188.

So now the diluted shares outstanding = 194,783,000

thats 194,783,000-150,290,000 = 44,493,000

44,493/150,290,000 = 29.6% dilution

I would like to see if those 38 million shares are options or what???

That's probably one of the reasons why the stock fell 12 1/2 today or 8.2%.

At $140 a share * 38 million shares = $5.32 million in Market Cap in the managements pocket?????

Who gets that money??? I just pray to god for the innocent shareholders that they are not options for management.

I would love to hear everyones opinion.

Your friend,

MYCROFT
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.