Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm beginning to think I may have to finally break down and have a pro do my taxes.

But the pro will just have to ask you (most of) the same questions TT is asking. It's up to you to provide the information, from your records. In this case, you should be able to ask "the company" for the information. But you should have kept the settlement statement you received when you purchased the shares -- that's where you'll find the date acquired and cost information.

Phooley in Phoenix
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.