No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm embarrassed to say that my house is almost twice the size of yours, hence my desire to downsize. Although it actually feels a bit cramped when both kids and grandkids are visiting(!).

Don't be embarrassed. We lived in Providence, RI for less than two years and I had a colonial house that was to die for.
We had a third floor that had closets that were as big as New York City bedrooms.
We were just two people but when the kids came, there was plenty of room for them. They had no children at the time.
We ended up actually living in just a few of the rooms in that big house.
We enjoy our little townhouse. It's 315 years old and is actually half of a bigger house. We are surrounded by 16 townhouses that were built nearly 50 years ago. When we moved here two years ago the grandkids were 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 years old. They had a really good time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. My husband made the third floor attic space into a space mostly for the kids. He made them a fort. We put up dry eraser boards so that the two of them could color.
They are now big girls aged 5 1/2 and 3 1/2 and since they are both in school, they rare come here anymore to hang out on our third floor.
They have grown so quickly that the novelty of us living down the block has worn off a bit. But, now that the puppy has stopped nipping, they like to take a walk with their parents down to the dog run to watch our dog and the other dogs play. Life goes on. Kids grow up and move on but we just grow older.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.