Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm envious that you can do your own vaccinations. We take ours in and it's around $100 a cat for that alone. Are you a vet or vet tech, cmonkey?

Nope, just trying to LBMM. You can buy vaccines from several pet supply companies, and they give you instructions on how to administer it. It's *really* easy, and this is coming from someone whose needle phobia is so strong that she doesn't even like to sew.

Try these places:
http://www.lambriarvet.com/
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/ (their vaccs are not in the online catalog, but they'll describe them to you on the phone, if you call. They have several different types for cats and dogs)

Some companies will not sell to certain states; I have no idea why. It's perfectly legal for me to do this, yet I can't buy the vaccs. I just don't get it. But Fosters and Smith is a nice catalog and the folks there are really nice. It's a little cheaper at lambriar, but I can't get stuff from them. Some states require you to have a note from a vet or doc to buy the syringes, too, but not here.

Anyhoo, it's *beyond* worth the price and nervousness the first time you do it. I'm saving several *hundred* dollars this way, I don't have to shove them in the car (and with the cats, that's a Big Deal), there is no fear of the vet's office involved, and they can just go romp in the yard when it's done.

So get ye to the sites and order!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.