Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Well, not exactly famous, but my blurb on Nortel was mentioned in an article written by Matt Koppenheffer, which gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

That said, I'm hoping not too many people are tuning in to look at my little internet space here, since I'm currently in the middle of a market beatdown, lead by none other than Nortel, and Generex Biotechnology.

Read my previous post if you want why I'm keeping Nortel on my picks, even though my underperform call is causing me no end of pain, but for the story on Generex, read on.

Generex is a small, historically underperforming company with massive amounts of debt, and little to show so far after many years of research. A real dog, right?

Well, there's more here than meets the eye, of course, or else I would have dropped it ages ago! You see, Generex has a large pipeline of drugs in development, and after many years, is actually getting around to churning out advanced stage clinical trials of some of their drugs. The most notable is their Oral-lyn buccal insulin delivery system. In plain english, this is insulin that can be delivered orally, as opposed to frequent painful injections.

Now, perhaps I haven't done enough research, but I've yet to see another company that is taking the same tack, and that is as far along as Generex. Risky? To be sure. Promising? Quite, especially trading at the prices it is now. The real test is going to be the stage three trials, which are promised to begin this year. It may just be another story from Generex, but after many years it seems like the company is finally getting serious about pushing its product out the door, and any investor would want to be there if that happens.

No new picks lately, just being lazy after the holiday season. I plan on getting down to some research in the next week or so, and hopefully dazzling the world with my skillful stock picks. Wish me luck!

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.