Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Well I couldn't hold out any more. As many might recall, I wanted in at the IPO. I sat on my hands through the TCM prices up into the 40's. I just had a funny feeling. Then damn it I got greedy and held off when it got to 25 before. But I'm not waiting any more. I'm finally in!!! I'd like to thank the folks that sold out to give me this opportunity. For those of you still planning on taking a loss this year, I'm willing to double-up at 20 and again at 15. So don't stay in for my sake.

Now let's get this election BS over so we can make a little money in early '01.

Go Tycom!!! Long TYC.

PK
Print the post Back To Top
Paul,

Good for you! I am still looking at TCM, LVLT and GX, picking through the facts. I am sold on the sector.

I to have my TYC. ANd just may have TCM sooner than later.

Chuck
Chuck,

I have wanted in to TCM since the day I heard about it. I knew I would need to buy it on the market or get in at IPO. Every IPO reacts differently, But I had this gut reaction that it would go up and then drop back past the IPO. I was so mad at myself for missing the 25 in October. But this was too much. Twice below 26. I have now set my mind that if I see 20, I'm gonna average down. I'm not gonna miss my entry. I'm willing to eventually pick up 1000 shares, if I can get the right prices. But I'm also looking at SDI, JDSU and LU, as these have gotten way cheap too.

PK
TCM is interesting to me. Submarine cable is the only viable way to link continents for the bandwidth demands of today (and tomorrow). However, which telecom companies will thrive in this area is still in question.

Someone will make a killing on submarine cable, just not sure it will be TCM. I'm a TYC long, and always though the submarine cable unit was an appealing part of the company.

The high debt/equity ratio disturbs me. This is a big burden to carry, leaving little margin for error.

Does anyone have a well-condisered view on why TCM is still a buy with this debt load?

Fool On and Happy Thanksgiving!

My thoughts are that TCM is a buy more because it's potential growth is so great. The debt issue is probably not considered as heavily as the prospects. I'm not saying that the debt is not considered, but TCM is very likely to succeed. TCM should easily pay back it's debt once it starts pulling in loads of business. Debt is inevitable as they are building out the optic network. I owned Qwest when it was building out it's optic network. Debt city!!! But it payed it off quickly. Then it started making cash!!

Just a thought!!

PK