Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 16
...so my lab has a couple new grad students, which means we need a couple more computers. Since I'm one of the senior grad students, I think I'm getting an upgrade, from my current 900 MHz Micron blah blah to my machine of choice, a dual-800 G4! From a shareholder point of view, this is the 4th high-end Mac that I have directly caused the purchase of in the last 6 months. Doesn't hold a candle to millenium selling them to an entire University, or Blue selling them on the floor of CompUSA, but I'm doing my part. What recession? :)

sjp
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 8
We just bought an 876 G4 and my TiPB is on order now. I am new at a all PC office. I have also converted to others.

Chris-
No. of Recommendations: 3

...so my lab has a couple new grad students, which means we need a couple more computers. Since I'm one of the senior grad students, I think I'm getting an upgrade, from my current 900 MHz Micron blah blah to my machine of choice, a dual-800 G4! From a shareholder point of view, this is the 4th high-end Mac that I have directly caused the purchase of in the last 6 months. Doesn't hold a candle to millenium selling them to an entire University, or Blue selling them on the floor of CompUSA, but I'm doing my part. What recession? :)

Make sure Plenty Bull reads this! <grin> The score is now 9-2.

Paul
No. of Recommendations: 5
Two parents have asked for recommendations on computer purchases for their kids. Though I gave them the standard disclaimer that many people disagree with me about Macs, they went with my recommendation and bought iBooks for their kids. If you add this to whatever impact my opinion had on the Director, who floated the idea of "creating a more balanced mix", I think I have done my part...