Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
We sometimes are disapointed that our questions are not answered to our complete satisfaction, but think about this. How many investment newsletters offer discussion boards with feedback from the analysts. Tim and Bill both took the time to read these posts and offered their insight in replies. If anyone knows of any other "investment service" that caters to some of us without multimillion dollar accounts, paying thousands per year, let me know.

I was in the position of having my 401K account rolled over into a self directed IRA last week (what was left of it), due to an unexpected loss of employment and subsiquent decision to retire at 62. To my surprise, my American Funds shares were not transfered, and I found myself with all cash. Although I think it is a well managed company, I wasn't prepared to pay the 5% load to reinvest with them. I spent days going over the recs in the GG and HG newsletters. Two thirds of the stocks I purchased came from the recs. In retrospect, I'm very happy I had the opportunity to pick my own stocks, as American Funds family of funds are too big to be a "market beater". I feel like I purchased GREAT stocks at a once in a lifetime price opportunity! Thanks to the TMF, I have, what I consider, a good chance of FANTISTIC returns on my purchases in a few years. Note: I didn't say 6 months.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.