Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm interested in Florida as well. Specifically the Keys and perhaps most likely, Key Largo.

Having no experience in this, I find myself spinning my wheels, trying to find some way to research areas of high demand and manageable cost. I can find lots of comps on what properties in the area cost to rent. What I can't get a handle on is occupancy on places, how long the season is (do they still rent in September at the peak of the 'cane season?), and the like. Any advice on how to research an area's vacation rental market, or advice on screening realtors for one that's going to be straight with you?

It's not a cheap market, even now that it's down. I need some feel for what kind of cash flow might be possible. Can't figure out how to get it though!!!

Thanks for any advice,

Peter
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.