Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm looking at Starbucks primarily as a diversification stock for my portfolio, which is fairly heavy in tech stocks right now. I chose to look at them primarily because I buy coffee from them literally every day and am able to see the number of people who also do so. From that starting point, I'm going over their numbers and from what I can see so far, SBUX would be a solid long term investment. But if the company is well-established, even mature industries will continue growth. Maybe not at the rate of a Cisco or Oracle, but I'm interested in how Starbucks chooses to expand now. I think they will reach a saturation point sooner than later with their stores, so they've already begun looking towards int'l sales, supermarket sales, and other products. Their success in these other areas is what will truly ramp Starbucks growth upwards in the coming years.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.