Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm not suggesting that a smaller school can't defeat a school with a larger student body; it happens every Friday night. My point is the larger schools (in general) will always field better football teams than their smaller counterparts.

Agreed. My point was being based on your original statement:
That's analogous to saying my 3A high school football team won the state championship and are the best team in the state if you don't count all the 4A teams in the state.

My point is that if your 3A high school team won the 3A state title, and played the 4A state champ head-to-head, the 3A school would have a very good shot at winning that particular game. That is why they play the games on the field. That directy correlates to a non-BCS conference (most likely the Big East) team winning their conference championship and going undefeated playing against a BCS conference team that does the same thing. If those two teams played, then there would be a good chance that the non-BCS team would win. This is the reason that I dislike the BCS system. Automatic bids are there for monetary purposes only.

Let's go into possibilities. If Loiusville wins out the rest of their games (including the Miami game), Utah does the same, and Boise State does the same, then which of them deserves a BCS bid? They all deserve a bid, but only one will get it. Automatic bids take away from the game. That is my point, There should be no "BCS Conferences", just "BCS teams"

Mac
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.