Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm not sure if it applies to anyone here, but there is a $1000 tax credit for saving using an IRA. You have to meet some requirements though:

-- Born before Jan 1988
-- Not a full-time student
-- No one else claims you on their taxes
-- Adjusted gross is less than: $50k married filing joint, $37,500 head of household, $25k single or married filing separately

I'm military so a large potion of my income isn't taxed so it makes it easier to get to these income levels, but just a hint for everyone out there. If you need more info you can go to IRS Pub 590, chapter 5
Print the post  


Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.