Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm not sure if this is set federally or on an employer basis, but seems to me you should complain to your employer. Setting it to married/0 should withhold enough to not run into this problem. If it doesn't, then your employers calculations seem to be WAY off, and there's where I'd start my complaining - well, both your employers, perhaps one is more at fault then another.

Maybe someone can say, but I suppose there's an amount that they federally have to deduct for every category. If that's the case, then are they really that far off on purpose?? Seems to me the federal government would rather be the one getting the interest free loan instead of giving.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.