Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm not sure what doesn't make sense ( cents). Maybe they bought insurance ( your put)or it was part of a multi legged strategy. You have a couple of options. You can immediately sell it, you can wait for a little recovery then sell it, or you can keep it. One of my criteria when selling put options is to make sure it has a 75% chance or better of expiring worthless. And it works out about 25% of the time I am " put " the stock. I usually wait a few days, the stock recovers, I sell it for a little profit. Granted this has been an up market. Anyway my annualized is about 20%, and I am pretty happy with that.Also I trade in an IRA account so taxes are deferred. There are downside protections for put options as well. Happy Hunting
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.