No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm not the most knowledgable around, but can't you transfer the whole fund to another brokerage (Datek, for example, will do it free of charge) ... then liquidate the fund, and buy something else. The only penalty you'll pay is commission on the buying and selling of what you exchange.

Not so. Remember, these are B shares. On selling, he would incur not a commission, but a fee of maybe 4% or 5% of the total investment -- not to be taken lightly.

Plan ahead...

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.