Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm now a member/manager of a LLC and want to roll my 401k from a former employer into a self-employed 401k. Advice on "how to" and "where to" would be greatly appreciated. thx

First, research and decide which 401k provider you want to use.

A good place to start is with the following list of providers:

Once you decide on a provider, you'll fill out some forms to set up your 401K account.

After the 401K account is set up, contact your former 401K provider or admin to obtain a distribution election package so you can have the $$$ rolled over to your new qualified 401K.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.