Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm only at 8K wordsand maybe 30% done-if that. I need a pick me up-I've read about finisinhg a novel in 30 days. That's probably the timeframe of a deadline I'm looking at.
Any help is appreciated.

I'm not trying to win any races, but my method seems to keep me on task and moving along. Instead of a word goal, I basically tell myself I'm going to work for 3 pages. I don't edit at all except for when I got really stuck and had to do something other than just stare at my computer. Anyway, if you have some more time now, I don't see any reason you could pick that pace up to 9-10 pages a day.

I think maybe because I just naturally like order and structure, setting definitive daily work expectations for myself, I keep moving along. I've broken this rule once but I also make sure to call it a night once my goal has been met. That way I won't burn out.

Derek
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.