Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
That was the last straw for me ... if there is one thing I've mastered from Motley Fools is that the CEO should inspire me ... I look to the CEO as the lighthouse of the company to which I'm investing.

1. The fact that old management was blindsided by events in China means they don't have a clear understanding/visibility of what's going on over thing (seems to behave like Chinese RTOs in my opinion) ... strike 1.

2. The Yahoo Japan and remaining asian assets ... it has taken to long to monetize them. There is no transparency with that whole debacle. The longer it takes ... the more I worry about them becoming devalued. They should have taken their licks and gotten out of that by now. Strike 2 for not being able to come up with a deal!

3. Any CEO that has to lie about his resume isn't worth the salt on a cracker. Why lie ... he already had success with PayPal ... he didn't need to have computer science degree to run Yahoo ... business acumen is what they've been lacking ... not propeller heads with no business skills ... strike 3!

I'm out at a small loss ... this was a speculative investment that didn't materialize the way it was originally envisioned. It was very educational about dealing with Chinese entities, how one markets themselves and yet another rule that I needed reminding of in terms of inspirational leaders ... I'd rather risk my money with them ... at least they communicate their strategy!

BlowfishScrooge
no longer long

P.S. Is anyone else totally underwhelmed with MDP? If I read things correctly ... they had $1,000,000 to invest since 2007 and have returned < 5% ... not exactly stellar results from my perspective.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.