No. of Recommendations: 4
I'm retired, so I can spend an hour or so in the morning looking at my portfolio. And for buy stock/write call positions, its not something I need to look at every day...just reserve some time on the third week end every month where I might have options expiring out of the money or the stock getting called.

For bonds, what I don't do is a yield hunt on etrade, especially today with lousy yields. I don't bring up all available bonds available on etrade and sort them by yield to maturity.
Instead I'll search for bonds by company.

Also on options, I keep it very simple. I just look at option premium price that I could get, compare it to price of stock, and see if the yield looks good.
I only sell covered call options. I don't buy or sell options by themselves...so I don't think I need to get into the fancy words you see in option strategy books and charts.

Sorry its so lengthy, hopefully I provided you an answer.
Fire went well, was a veg fire, less than an acre.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.