Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm right there with you - I'm 27 (for some reason I keep thinking I'm 29 lately) and I want it all too. I want my student loans gone, a house with a mortgage close to being paid off, lots of money for retirement - ARGH!

AND the frustration of knowing that as my means have increased, so has my standard of living (although still within my means) and it's harder by the day to even consider going back to where I was a year ago living in a studio and driving an 11 yo car!

And for me, I have to balance those wants with another want to save enough money to start my own business.

And I feel that I can't do both at the same time. And I don't have the patience to tell myself I'll start saving for my business AFTER I pay off my car and student loans. So I'm trying to accept them as a fact of my life right now and I have to remind myself how much farther ahead I am than most of the world just for having financial goals and doing something to reach them.

I worry that I should be doing x instead of y or y instead of x. But heck - that's a lot better than worrying if I'm going to be able to pay my bills on time or if collectors are going to be calling me.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.