Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm saying don't worry about it. :) If it were me and I WAS going to worry about it, I'd buy a duvet an inch or two smaller than the comforter. A little extra filling is not a problem.

I know what you're describing and it sounds lovely. However, duvets generally don't have the same tailored look as comforters alone. If you are very concerned with it looking like it does in the picture, you might just want to reconsider the whole duvet concept. They don't lay as smooth on the bed, they get rumpled easier, and the comforter does tend to shift around inside them.

I think it will look fine if you can handle a slightly more casual look. For me, it doesn't matter because I rarely make the bed. When I do make the bed though, it never comes close to looking like the pictures.

BUT - duvets are nice because they can be taken off and washed easily. That's the selling point for me. I don't know how people sleep with comforters all the time that rarely get washed. I DID see a guy I know spray his with Febreeze and thought Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww......

Plus you don't need a top sheet because you're washing the duvet.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.