Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 15
I'm simply saying that overdramatizing the whole thing, turning it into melodrama fit for weekday afternoon consumption, accomplishes nothing. It doesn't win converts, and it won't begin a groundswell of opinion.

Yes. I could agree to a certain extent. You're welcome to commence content as you would see appropriate.

Maybe after the fourth or fifth time you've spent two hours on a post, only to have it FoolAlerted and then yanked in a few nanoseconds--maybe then you'll see what the fuss is all about.

It's awfully presumptious for you to stride in here and tell everyone what's melodrama and what accomplishes nothing. Most of the people here are the whole reason there are off-topic boards in the first place here (the Fool didn't want them, we just did it ourselves). Most of the people here have had more identities slain than you have even established. Most of the people here have had personal email addressed to them of such inflamatory content from anonymous witches and warlocks that they've only sought each other's solace in each other's company.

So yes, someone new occasionally strides in, rides the crest of the wave that others have made happen, and declares it all beneath them.

I find it curious that you wouldn't send an email before you post, to at least solicit some of the history. Again, and to yet another poster: if you've loved the board so much for so long, or even loved it for a short while--why didn't you ever send a personal note to someone, saying, "Hey, good job, I don't always agree, but I really appreciate it?"

jeanpaulsartre
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.