Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm the administrator for my wife's money purchase pension plan (Keogh) and they are the trustee, but that was not a transfer/rollover. Perhaps therein lies the issue.

I should have mentioned that my Keogh is already with Vanguard but in their mutual funds.

Another interesting fact is that other mutual fund families with brokerages such as T.Rowe Price and Fidelity will act as trustees as will Schwab.

I just looked at my last 5500 return and the Schedule P Vanguard provided. That one is pretty scary. The form wants a trustee with an EIN (??). Of course, the reason for the Schedule P is clear as mud. It seems to start a clock running on some condition under section 401a of the IRC.

Anyways, thanks for your response. At this point, I think that I will have to pull my account from Vanguard.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.