Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm thinking of buying and have been overall impressed by my research on JAKK except for the fact that everybody on the inside shed their shares (except the CEO) at the end of 1999. Any thoughts? ......

I do not think that anyone should be too worried about the insider trading at this point. It is a normal trend that all companies have. Many companies [after the spring wipe-out] seem to be suffering it more than normal. I am not worried that their is doom on the horizon to say the least. To be honest, I would have thought [especially after reviewing their financials] that more would be holding. Multiple growth numbers; exciting new lines [Harry Potter]; no debt problems.....

In my opinion the reason that this stock seems to languish in the teens is the same reason that I thought it was so attractive, i.e. it has not been "discovered" by many of the larger investing groups out there. Add to that a lot of investors who do not think toys are "sexy" to invest in and viola, you have the problem of JAKK.

I bought this stock on a real buy-and-hold principle. I estimate I have another 2 years [all things being equal] before I will see the returns on this company. As to those that worry that JAKK is a one-trick pony with the WWF ponder this: (1) WWF/Vince McMahnon are starting the XFL. (2)One of the largest backers of the XFL is none other that GE, someone with deep pockets, true management, and real support. (3) JAKK will have a real crack at this new market of licensing. Or at least, that is my hope and one of my reasons for buying this company.

Anyone else?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.