Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm unsure how the loan reads as I have no copy of it, but by court order I guarantee the loan.


I understand your concern.

Does your divorce documents list the details of the loan? It states you guaranteed the loan. Hopefully, it would give details of the loan.

You can also try checking your credit report. If you can find the lender's name and your name is on the loan, you can directly contact the lender.

If the sale is legitamate, then a recorded mortgage would show on a title search. Title insurance is to protect new owners from any such problems. The loan isn't voided by an improper sale.

Do you have the parcel number? The online county recorder records may only be by parcel number
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.