Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 6
I'm with you, and agree that no sense in worrying too much whether you get the additional shares at 17 (or at 15 or 12 if the shorts are truly able to move the market down, though if they did I would buy some more at that point). As long as you are in it for the long haul with this one, you will either be very happy, or it will all collapse if things don't turn out as expected, a couple of dollars in share price won't matter either way. And playing too much of that could lead you to miss out if they announce the decision early.

Incidentally, though a RB subscriber, I only stumbled upon this board after the committee vote and initial pop (I bought shares in DNDN in 2005 after reading a writeup about the company and was just enamored with the story, and then bought again over the past couple of years when I saw it was down around 3 bucks and did not seem the story had changed). I wish had run accross this board earlier as I hope I would have had the fortitude to buy more going into the committee. Unfortunately, I was so busy at work that I just was not able to pay attention to anything else in February and March (guess the side benefit was that I was oblivious to all of this insanity with the shorts and just woke up one day to see that DNDN had blown up).

Anyway, this board (in particular the posts of Tinker among others) has provided a great wealth of information (and led me to IV as well, with amazing perspectives by all sorts of very smart people). Thanks to all of you. I feel I know more about this company that I ever have about any and feel confident in carefully adding additional shares over the next couple of weeks, understanding that there are still many chances for this story to founder (no risk no reward). Wish I could return the favor with some sort of insightful analysis of my own (you guys have worked pretty hard on this). Unfortunately, my area of expertise is the music business, which is about as far away as one can get these days from being a new paradigm or rule breaker (due to the various companies and other entities that essentially control it and are being dragged kicking and screaming into the future). If the subject ever turns to how best to negotiate a tour rider providing for only green M&Ms in the dressing room or the acquisition of a mini-stonehenge stage prop, I'll be here :)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.