Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm working on a web-based personal finance manager at http://www.teachquest.com/freepfm. It's written in Perl, using MySQL as a backend. I started it when I gave up my windows box, but like you found GnuCash and the alternatives to be terribly unstable. So I did the open source thing and started my own.

It is feature barren right now, but I would love, nay pray for some Foolish input as to desireable features.Even better, any Fools who speak Perl are welcome to join me in my quest. I am really new to the investing thing, so (like most open source software) it really only does what I need it to do, which is basically nill on the investment front.

And since this is an investing board, I feel compelled to point out that it was the timely registration of this project on sourceforge.net that got me The Letter from VA Linux Systems, leading to a very un-Foolish IPO investment that nonetheless netted me something like 700% profit.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.