Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
IMAO, Rep. Bill Janklow of South Dakota selected the wrong disease for his defense. His previous driving record indicates an arrogant and arrant disregard for human life, and an arrogant and arrant disregard for the law of the road [speed limits, stop signs]. He also shows an arrogant and arrant disregard for the reputation of diabetics as a group by claiming a diabetic reaction made him repeat a well-established pattern of behaviour, despite the availablilty of the best diabetic care available [he was a former Governor and a Congressman, after all]. Though it is his unquestioned right to attempt to evade responsibility for his actions in our adversarial system of jurisprudence, i think he selected the wrong defense. The Congressman appears to be insane; he appears to think that he is a demigod, above the law and of much greater intrinsic value than other humans who might be near a highway when the Congressman is in a self-diagnosed hurry.

Note: The one hypoglycemic episode i remember would have literally, not figuratively, driven my car thru a stop sign had i been on the road and had the stop sign not been on the road. Dizziness and mini-nap syndrome interfere with steering. Fortunately, i was at home. i now drive with a bottle of full-sugar full-caffeine cola within arm's reach [plus some safe sugar-free beverages for hydration].

cassandra

/**/
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.