Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
IMO, unless there's a better alternative, Suleman is the guy. Sure, Hosni Junior (Kamal, or Jamal or Gamal or something) is more palatable to the West, and to the Egyptian businessfolk, but perhaps the citzenry won't take to well to someone inheriting power via bloodline? Also, Suleman as I understand it would have better luck with the military and intel services vis a vis loyalty.

The vast majority of that country is dirt poor. I bet they do want neither Mubarak jr. nor that Sulayman chap. But that's what they will get. If there were 'free elections', I guess the Muslim Brotherhood would win by a landslide. People are probably pretty much fed-up with all the corruption and misery.

OTOH, Mubarak sr. is a vigorous old chap. He might as well live up to 100. That would be another 18 years in power.

Abe
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.