Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
According to Edgar, Sears 6/31/01 Income Statement is showing negative 640 million dollar from last year.

Look at the effect, us the foolish community, are participating in.
Because we are not shopping there, refusing to be bullied by high interest rates and paying off our credit cards, they are suffering a bit. The economy is also hitting them hard.

Warning: If you have accounts with Sears, this is a warning to pay off your balances and close your accounts. It is possible that they will sell accounts to cut loses (this is why they are issuing the mastercard).

JnJfools
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
This is yet another reason to believe that what you put out comes back to you...and then some!
No. of Recommendations: 1
Warning: If you have accounts with Sears, this is a warning to pay off your balances and close your accounts. It is possible that they will sell accounts to cut loses (this is why they are issuing the mastercard).

Bal $177... it's dying a slow painful death. Should be gone in a month. Thanks for the info.

:aj
No. of Recommendations: 0

I cancelled my account about a week ago, but not because of any other influence than the fact that their interest was ridiculous, and why do I need a department store credit card anyway?
whoa,

what ever happened to word wrap???

Wolfshead
Wolfshead,
The original poster selected the "Table Data (fixed-width font, enter your own line breaks)" option when preparing the post. I find it can be annoying since I'm not using a 19" monitor ;) and have probably missed some really great past posts because I don't bother trying to read them.

-Neglectarino
"This week I hope we can finish our work on the letter 'A.'"
Neglectarino,

I know, was a rhetorical question, hoping to make some people think. I also skip such posts because of the readability issue and I have a 21" monitor set at 1152 res.

Wolfshead
Wolfie,

Doh!

-Neglectarino (who is numb after reading so many posts)
Hello. Could you Fools educate me on what would happen to my Sears account if they went bankrupt? Is it necessarily a bad thing? When Montgomery Wards poofed my balance was just transferred to WalMart (which I have since paid off). If credit terms/rates change for the worse, my worst case scenarion is that I'd BT to another account. Is there some additional hazard or effect on my credit you can point out to me if poor unresponsive Sears goes under? Any info would be appreciated.