No. of Recommendations: 4
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 13
In Memoriam: Healthcare Workers Who Have Died of COVID-19
April 01, 2020

Editor's note: Find the latest COVID-19 news and guidance in Medscape's Coronavirus Resource Center.

As front-line healthcare workers care for patients with COVID-19, they commit themselves to difficult, draining work and also put themselves at risk of infection. More than 100 throughout the world have died. Medscape wants to make sure they are not forgotten, and we will update this list as — sadly — needed.

And let us not forget, every single one of those bodies lies at the feet of the Chinese government. I truly hope the world remembers this if and when we get out of this.

I had to explain to my daughter the other night, I do not blame the citizens of China as they were the first victims. Their blood, and there is a lot of it, is also fully and completely on the hands to the government of China and Xi Jinping.

Kathleen

Please keep that in mind, everyone.
No. of Recommendations: 8
I appreciate the work health care personnel do for us all. But at the same time, I think healthcare workers know from day one that working in a hospital means the sickest patients some with deadly diseases will be their patients. This is part of the risk of the job. Healthcare workers accept this risk when they enter the field.

I am reminded of the guy in chemistry graduate school who believed chemicals were so dangerous he was afraid to touch them. A bit of an oxymoron.

The implication of health care workers who fear working with the sick is similar.

Thank them for their sacrifices. It's a risk they accepted.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"And let us not forget, every single one of those bodies lies at the feet of the Chinese government. I truly hope the world remembers this if and when we get out of this."

Are you thinking that if you keep blaming the Chinese enough that no one will notice how badly Trump bungled the U.S. response?

The Chinese did lots of stuff wrong, so did Trump.

Odd how you only blame one and not the other.
No. of Recommendations: 14
...The Chinese did lots of stuff wrong....,

Hillary would be blaming the virus on a you-tube video.
No. of Recommendations: 12
"...The Chinese did lots of stuff wrong....,

Hillary would be blaming the virus on a you-tube video. "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And saying "Oh what difference does all that make now?"

Howie52
No. of Recommendations: 5
Hillary would be blaming the virus on a you-tube video... And saying "Oh what difference does all that make now?"

Well, Hillary "We came, we saw, he died" Clinton is - along with Obama and McCain - the founder of ISIS. And she is such a stateswoman and a nice compassionate lady at the same time. </sarc> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y 0.11 Minutes

-=Ajax=-
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Hillary would be blaming the virus on a you-tube video. "

I find it hilarious that you pick what to hear and ignore what you find inconvenient and you somehow think that is credible.
No. of Recommendations: 4
I am reminded of the guy in chemistry graduate school who believed chemicals were so dangerous he was afraid to touch them.

Well, he could use silicone or neoprene gloves. Oh wait--those gloves are made of chemicals! Did anybody ever point out that his skin was in constant contact with a mixture of Nitrogen, Oxygen (which makes things combustible!), Carbon Dioxide, water vapor, and other trace compounds? (That mixture, as you might have guessed, is air.)
No. of Recommendations: 2
Well, he could use silicone or neoprene gloves. Oh wait--those gloves are made of chemicals! Did anybody ever point out that his skin was in constant contact with a mixture of Nitrogen, Oxygen (which makes things combustible!), Carbon Dioxide, water vapor, and other trace compounds? (That mixture, as you might have guessed, is air.)

---------------------------

Food is made out of chemicals. In fact, so is everything except for elementary particles.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am reminded of the guy in chemistry graduate school who believed chemicals were so dangerous he was afraid to touch them.

And let's not forget about the myriad chemicals, some of them extremely complex and few if any of them ever the subject of an FDA safety review, that make up his skin.