Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I have to say I am so impressed with the overall caliber of athletes we have sent to Athens. Not only do they handle themselves well in their competitions, but they seem gracious, well-mannered and proud representatives of our country, when I watch them on TV.

Charlie
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have to say I am so impressed with the overall caliber of athletes we have sent to Athens. Not only do they handle themselves well in their competitions, but they seem gracious, well-mannered and proud representatives of our country, when I watch them on TV.

I agree for the most part, but some of those track guys make me cringe a little. There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance and I think the line would've been trampled if Mo Greene had won the 100m sprint.
I was most impressed with the decathletes last night who went around wishing good luck to everyone before the 1500 m. They really seem to be a tight group.

Fi
I was most impressed with the decathletes last night who went around wishing good luck to everyone before the 1500 m. They really seem to be a tight group.

I liked that too, nice to see good sportsmanship, both before and after the races. I also think with the decathlon they are together for 2 days so you begin to form bonds with your fellow competitors.

=) Megan