No. of Recommendations: 2
So... fun though the previous discussion was, I wonder what could actually improve the Fool. Here we are in the digital age, wandering through the cybersphere the way farm kids used to wander through the dusty streets of the closest little town. (They probably still do that somewhere.) The Fool's boards have gone from cutting edge technology to ... quaint.

And yet I don't think the technology is the Fool. I think the Fool is the community. The community is getting a bit long in the tooth, with retirement boards and taking care of parents boards more active than boards that younger people might frequent. Still, the community is solid and has a depth of expertise that I have not seen elsewhere.

It comes with a diversity of thought that impresses me regularly and -- perhaps unique to a short period of time that will not come again -- extraordinary ability to communicate via the written word.

So how would I like to see the Fool improve?

- I would like to see the community expand.
- I would like to see all the boards require payment again, with liberal use of Post of the Day credits for people who actually contribute to the mission. (Remember those? Those were some really good writing back in the day.)
- I would like to see the Fool use its broad expertise for good in the world. Not TMF the company, but the community here. And not by contributing to the annual Fool cause, though that's also good, but by going out into the digital world and providing benefit to people who need it.

ThyPeace, or we can just peter out, of course.
Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.