Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Saturday, September 24th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
In a cruise ship, you share indoor air with thousands of other people. You're on the ship day after day.

I went on a 7 night cruise in March. Every passenger had to show proof of vaccination and a negative Covid test within two days of boarding. The crew was masked 100% of the time. I felt safer than I do in public places at home.

It's much harder to eat a healthy diet when traveling than at home.

Not for me. I live alone and I'm kind of lazy about food preparation. When I can be served whatever I want whenever I want, I tend to eat more "healthy" food, although my requirements are not nearly as stringent as yours.

There's all the hassle I'd have to deal with if certain key people (like pilots and flight attendants) tested positive

My flights from NY to Florida and back were pretty miserable. Jet Blue has been having a lot of problems lately. I feel bad for their staff, but the service was nothing like it was before the pandemic.

I'm probably going to take a shorter flight to Washington DC in May. I'll have a close eye on the
statistics meanwhile. According to data in today's NY Times, Covid cases in DC (30/100K)are currently about double the national average and have risen 47% in the past 14 days. Hospitalizations in DC have risen 6% in 14 days compared to +1% nationally.

I think we're in Neverland. Some people think that the pandemic is over or at least not much of a threat in the near future. Others are much more concerned. I note that many who post here fall into the latter category.

I'm trying to be rational. I can't live the rest of my life in fear. Since I'm fully vaccinated and fairly careful, I think the odds of getting "burned" are relatively low.

Since the probability of my dying someday is 100%, I want to get the most out of life even if that means taking some chances. And I loved Washington 6 months ago and vowed to get back in warm weather.
What's that thing the kids say? YOLO?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.