No. of Recommendations: 0
In a word Bali.

Head to the northside of the island. It is beautiful, inexpensive, less crowded than the southside. There is a public bus or you can take a private car, we had the driver go round on the westside to get to our resort, we stopped in at his village and I believe we paid all of $25 to take this amazing private tour.

Kuta is touristy, lots of beach peddlers, and way overrated sunsets. Ubud has some truely fine art, the carvers and painters are some of the most skilled in the world.

Balinese sometimes charge tourists more for a ride on the minivans they use as local buses, since most of us take up twice the space as the locals, I think this is only fair. They are very cheap to begin with, so wink and pay the guys, they are just trying to support large families.

I felt the people in Bali to be some of the most gracious, lovely folk I have ever encountered in my world travels.

If you are considering Bali, email me personally at joella@rocketmail.com, I have info on a small resort for staying on the northside, you will love the place.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.