Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
In any case, I don't think calling them "ignorant" is accurate or helpful.

I disagree. I think it's accurate because intelligent, educated people reject the garbage coming from the far right because it doesn't match their view of reality. Those who don't have that "data base" in their brains are, by my definition, ignorant.

Is insulting them like this "helpful?" Maybe not, because it just provokes more anger. But I can't see how running away from reality is very helpful either.

Also, I don't agree that more control over the media will fix the problem. And there is the danger that those in control will favor their political views. Isn't that what Trump and company have been screaming about?

I don't have an easy solution. This is a longstanding problem that has mushroomed over the past four years. I can only hope that the new environment will somehow get us back into a decent, healthy condition in which dissent is allowed, but crazies can't take over.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.