No. of Recommendations: 1
In both Judaeism and Islam, kindness, mercy, compassion, compromise are reserved for other members of their religion. Both religions teach "exclusivity" which basically

WTF? Art, c'mon. My sister-in-law is Muslim and I can assure you that she does not believe this or even much care about religion. She married a Christian, why, because for many Muslim women, they will have a better life with a westerner, and they know it. They don't hate us, they want to be like us. There are scoodles of secular Muslims in the world who could not give a flying you-know about what was written in some old book 1,000 years ago. It's too bad after all the expense and ho-hah in that 1980s that we spent propping up a secular Muslim state in the Middle East, we then just went and knocked it down -- we lost a lot of credibility that way. It is the extremists who are and always will be our enemies, not the secular folk.

Perhaps I'm running in the wrong circles, but I have never met any Jewish person who believed in "exclusivity." Many Jews gave lives or careers for Baptist African-Americans in the civil rights days.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.