No. of Recommendations: 0
In CA you have the responsibility to re-rent ASAP, the law in NV may be different, but I suspect a judge expects you to mitigate your losses as much as possible.

So, re-rent ASAP, keep records of advertisements, showings, calls, everything demonstrating that you've been diligent in re-renting.

Assuming NV has a statutory maximum time to which to return the deposit, send them a document showing you're keeping the entire security deposit until your damages are known. When your damages are known send them any refund.

BTW: to where are you sending the refund? Send them service instead.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.